A non-surgical nose job is one of the most requested medical procedures, in particular for people who want to show off a prettier nose without undergoing surgery. If you are curious about this procedure and want to try, read this article to find out more about how it works.
How it Works
The professional will inject derma fillers above and below the bump in the nose to smooth them out and make it look less angular, or apply it in the tip of your nose to make it look more refined. Most of the time this dermal filler is hyaluronic acid, although some times the doctor will apply botox on the tip of your nose to lift it. The filler is injected into the deepest layers of skin and holds its shape, the procedure isn’t permanent it will last anywhere from 4 months to 3 years.
Compared to the surgical rhinoplasty the procedure is faster and more simple, the doctor will apply a topical anesthetic in your nose so you won’t feel pain just pressure and pinching. The whole process lasts 15 to 45 minutes and you will notice the results in 2 weeks. It is always important to get this procedure done by a qualified plastic surgeon.
Ideal Candidates for This Procedure
- People who want to have a more refined nose but are afraid or don’t feel ready to undergo surgery.
- Those who don’t have enough money to pay for rhinoplasty but want to improve their nose.
- Busy people who don’t have the time to do the recovery time of surgical rhinoplasty.
- People who want to minimize the bumps on the bridge of their nose and contour it.
- People who want to add volume to the nose or make the tip more prominent.
- People who don’t want permanent results.
Is Non-surgical Rhinoplasty Safe?
The derma fillers that are used in the procedure (hyaluronic acid) are biocompatible and biodegradable, it is completely safe for your body and it is broken down by it naturally. When the procedure is applied by professionals like Robertkotlermd.com. If you don’t like the results you can talk to the doctor and he or she will remove them with hyaluronidase (an enzyme that breaks down hyaluronic acid).
The side effects are minor and include redness, bruising, swelling, and nausea. The redness and bruising will go away in 2 weeks.